migration

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 27 19:36:59 PDT 2008

On Oct 27, 2008, at 20:55, Михаил А wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2008, at 09:31, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Oct 27, 2008, at 20:23, Михаил А wrote:
>>
>>> I have installed PHP+Mysql from from source.
>>> But I intend to go to the MacPorts .
>>> What should I do with the PHP+Mysql installed from source.
>>> Disable, uninstall or delete?
>>
>> Whatever you like. MacPorts is self-contained so it shouldn't
>> interfere with (or make use of) what you already have.
>>
>>> And how can I add GD and Gettext Extensions for PHP (MacPorts) ?
>>
>> MacPorts php5 always includes those and many other extensions.
>> Install it and try it out. There are also many variants for adding
>> more esoteric features. Type "port variants php5" to read about them.
>
> But when I installed the Сacti from MacPorts the second mysql5, net-
> smnp installed, and I am confused that where prescribe. I still can
> not tune cacti &
> I still can not tune cact.
>
> key question: How do I disable mysql + PHP (mac osx) and How do I
> activate mysql5+PHP (MacPorts)?

Please remember to Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not
just to me.

You disable Apple's Apache and PHP by going to Apple Menu > System
Preferences > Sharing > Personal Web Sharing and turning it off.

Apple doesn't provide MySQL on Mac OS X. They do on Mac OS X Server.
If you're on Mac OS X Server, you would turn off its Apache and MySQL
using Server Admin.

The MacPorts apache2 port tells you how to activate it after you
install it. The mysql5 port also tells you how to activate it, as
long as you installed it with the +server variant. (If you didn't
install it with the +server variant, uninstall it and install it with
the +server variant.)