migration

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 27 20:34:13 PDT 2008

On Oct 27, 2008, at 22:10, Михаил А wrote:

>> You disable Apple's Apache and PHP by going to Apple Menu > System
>> Preferences > Sharing > Personal Web Sharing and turning it off.
>>
>> Apple doesn't provide MySQL on Mac OS X. They do on Mac OS X
>> Server. If you're on Mac OS X Server, you would turn off its
>> Apache and MySQL using Server Admin.
>
> I installed MySQL frome source
>
> Will it be possible Mysql  turn On from System Preferences> Other>
> MySql> Start MySql Server? .
>
>> The MacPorts apache2 port tells you how to activate it after you
>> install it.
>
> I will try.
> Can I turn On ( MacPort's  Apache and PHP from  System Preferences
> > Sharing > Personal Web Sharing and turning it ON?

MacPorts doesn't have anything built-in to let you control it from
System Preferences.

However, services installed with MacPorts use Apple's launchd
service. You can manipulate launchd items using any method you like.
For example, consider installing Lingon, which is a GUi for managing
launchd:

http://tuppis.com/lingon/

>> The mysql5 port also tells you how to activate it, as long as you
>> installed it with the +server variant. (If you didn't install it
>> with the +server variant, uninstall it and install it with the
>> +server variant.)
>
> And I have to import existing mysql database (cacti, gallery2). How
> can I do?

Stop both your old and your new mysql servers. Move the databases
from your old mysql's datadir to your new mysql's datadir.