migration

Михаил А pano.irk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:10:16 PDT 2008

Михаил А
pano.irk at gmail.com

On 28 Oct 2008, at 10:36, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2008, at 20:55, Михаил А wrote:

>>> Whatever you like. MacPorts is self-contained so it shouldn't
>>> interfere with (or make use of) what you already have.

>>> MacPorts php5 always includes those and many other extensions.
>>> Install it and try it out. There are also many variants for adding
>>> more esoteric features. Type "port variants php5" to read about
>>> them.
>>
>> But when I installed the Сacti from MacPorts the second mysql5, net-
>> smnp installed, and I am confused that where prescribe. I still can
>> not tune cacti &
>> I still can not tune cact.
>>
>> key question: How do I disable mysql + PHP (mac osx) and How do I
>> activate mysql5+PHP (MacPorts)?
>
> Please remember to Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not
> just to me.

thanks!

> You disable Apple's Apache and PHP by going to Apple Menu > System
> Preferences > Sharing > Personal Web Sharing and turning it off.
>
> Apple doesn't provide MySQL on Mac OS X. They do on Mac OS X Server.
> If you're on Mac OS X Server, you would turn off its Apache and
> MySQL using Server Admin.

I installed MySQL frome source

Will it be possible  Mysql  turn On  from System Preferences> Other>
MySql> Start MySql Server? .

> The MacPorts apache2 port tells you how to activate it after you
> install it.

I will try.
Can I turn On ( MacPort's  Apache and PHP from  System Preferences >
Sharing > Personal Web Sharing and turning it ON?

> The mysql5 port also tells you how to activate it, as long as you
> installed it with the +server variant. (If you didn't install it
> with the +server variant, uninstall it and install it with the
> +server variant.)

And I have to import existing mysql database (cacti, gallery2). How
can I do?

thanks!