Macports, mri ports problem with AFNI...

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Mon Sep 8 12:56:35 PDT 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 12:10 PM, David Perlman wrote:

> Hello all, I'm new to this list but I've been successfully using afni
> installed and updated with macports for a couple of years now.
> However, earlier this year I tried to update afni and ever since then
> I haven't been able to get any version to install successfully with
> macports.  I'm getting errors on port install afni, afni-latest, or
> afni-devel.  I have Xcode 3.0, OS X 10.5.4 with all updates.  I've
> done port clean --all and port uninstall and port selfupdate and
> update_jb_ports.sh and everything I can think of, but I get this huge
> mess of errors:
>

> gratitude:~ omgoleus$ sudo nice port clean --all afni-devel
> --->  Cleaning afni-devel
> gratitude:~ omgoleus$ sudo nice port install afni-devel
> cc -march=pentium-m -mtune=prescott -DDARWIN  -Wcomment -Wformat -
> DUSE_TRACING -DHAVE_XDBE -no-cpp-precomp -DDONT_USE_MCW_MALLOC -O -
> DSUMA_COMPILED   -I/usr/X11R6/include -I./ -I../ -Igts/src -I/opt/
> local/include -I../nifti/niftilib -I../nifti/nifticdf -I../nifti/
> znzlib -I../3DEdge/src -c SUMA_trackball.c
> In file included from SUMA_trackball.c:1:
> SUMA_suma.h:100:60: error: GL/GLwDrawA.h: No such file or directory

It would appear that 10.5's X11 package doesn't include this header
file (I do see it on the one shipped with 10.4, however).  It is
included if you install xquartz [1] if you would like to update your
X11 install to a newer version than what Apple ships.  Also, this
makes me wonder if the afni port should have an X11 dependency...

[1] - <http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki>

Bryan