rebuild world

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Wed Sep 10 08:46:11 PDT 2008

Hi Troy,

On Sep 10, 2008, at 7:15 AM, Troy Daley wrote:

> I'm using eclipse with subclipse (the Subversion plugin).  There is
> an option to use JavaHL bindings (macports port subversion-
> javahlbindings) to call out to the subversion client on your
> machine, rather than use the pure java client which we've had speed
> issues with.  Normally, the plugin will detect JavaHL and present it
> as an option.  This used to work for me, but it stopped working some
> time ago as I updated subversion and subversion-javahlbindings.
> While svn works fine from the command line, and all of the expected
> libraries are present and in the correct place for the subversion-
> javahlbindings project, it still doesn't work.
>
> I spoke to the subclipse maintainer and he agreed that everything
> appears to be in the correct place, but it looks like the subclipse
> code is having problems loading those libraries.  He hyphothisised
> that it may be due to dependency issues with the bindings package.
> Now it so happens that I went through force removed inactive
> packages and I wondered if I had broken something.  So I just wanted
> to go back through and rebuild everything to guarentee that
> dependencies weren't an issue, which is why I was asking about a
> sanity check or a rebuild world command.
>
> I doubt that this is a macports issue at all, and I don't expect
> this list to help me with eclipse issues, which is why I didn't
> elaborate in my previous email.  I was just hoping to rule out
> macports as an issue in this case.

FWIW, I am also using Eclipse with the subclipse plug-in and the
MacPorts version of subversion (with subversion-javahlbindings). I
have the exact same problem with it - and I also just use the command
line. So I don't think anything is wrong with your MacPorts setup, but
I do think that something may be wrong the subversion-javahlbindings
port.

I'm curious that you mentioned using the pure Java client. In the
Eclipse preferences, under Team->SVN I am not able to select any
client in the popup menu - it is active but there is nothing to
choose! Is that not true for you?

Cheers!
Frank