perl ports overwriting files, so need -f?

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Fri Sep 12 16:53:57 PDT 2008

On 2008-09-13 00:41:48 +0200, Caspar Florian Ebeling wrote:
> Which other ports do this stupid thing, btw? Should they
> maybe removed entirely?

icon-name-mapping. I sent a mail to nox:

I can see in the changelog for icon-name-mapping:

r29712 | nox at macports.org | 2007-10-06 22:14:48 +0200

icon-naming-utils:
 * Updated to 0.8.6.
 * Removed pkgconfig lib dependency.
 * Added p5-getopt-long run dependency.
 * Build dependencies are also run dependencies.
 * Added livecheck.
 * Disabled universal variant (arch-agnostic port).
 * Added sha1 and rmd160 checksums.

Why did you add the p5-getopt-long dependency? icon-name-mapping
declares to be compatible with any version of Getopt::Long, which is
already provided by perl5.8. So, the dependency seems to be useless
(the perl5.8 dependency suffices). FYI, I've been using a local
version of icon-naming-utils without this p5-getopt-long dependency
since January and I didn't notice any problem.

Note: removing the dependency would be particularly useful because of
the bug <http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12710>.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>