Configure error macport - mkvToolnix

Michel Salim hircus at macports.org
Sun Sep 21 11:19:18 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Mine <i.cue at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for replying. You are right the libboost_regex-mt.dylib  is
> not in /opt/local/lib.  However it appears that Boost 1.35.0_2 is
> the version installed. I have searched and found a Boost 1.36.0.
> As I am not very familiar with MacPortsIs, do you know if it
> possible to get MacPorts to install apps that are not in its database.

Try 'port contents boost | grep regex-mt' to see if your boost
installation contains that file at all. Perhaps the problem is that it
was not installed properly, in which case you might want to reinstall
boost from macports.

Boost 1.36 has some API changes, I believe, so you don't want to
upgrade to it yet. It was introduced and then pulled out from Fedora
Linux's development tree, for example. If you *do* want to try it,
however, the way to do it would be to modify the Portfile that tells
MacPorts how to build Boost, so that it uses the new version instead.
See the documentation for details.

Hope that helps, and oh, by the way, you might want to bottom-quote
when posting. It's the convention, and makes it easier to follow the
conversation.

Regards,

--
miʃel salim • http://hircus.jaiku.com/