Configure error macport - mkvToolnix

Mine i.cue at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 22 17:45:16 PDT 2008

Hi,

Ok it's been several days and I am really struggling with this one.
I need to install mkxToolnix but in order to do that, I need to install
Boost (which I have now donew several times). MacPorts installs
Boost 1.35.0_2 but for some reason it appears that not all the
required files are installed. I get the following error when I try to
install mkvToolnix:

*** Not checking for wxWidgets: disabled by user request
checking for magic_open in -lmagic... no
checking for boostlib >= 1.20.0... yes
checking whether the Boost::Regex library is available... yes
checking for main in -lboost_regex-mt... no
checking for main in -lboost_regex-boost_regex-mt... no
configure: error: Could not link against boost_regex-boost_regex-mt !

I looked in the configure file and copied anything I could see to do
with
Boost.regex or just regex. Can anyone see anything in the following that
would  disable the install of the required files.

# Configure ICU
echo -n "Unicode/ICU support for Boost.Regex?... "
if test "x$flag_icu" != xno; then
   if test "x$ICU_ROOT" = x; then
     COMMON_ICU_PATHS="/usr /usr/local /sw"
     for p in $COMMON_ICU_PATHS; do
       if test -r $p/include/unicode/utypes.h; then
         ICU_ROOT=$p
       fi
     done

     if test "x$ICU_ROOT" = x; then
       echo "not found."
     else
       BJAM_CONFIG="$BJAM_CONFIG -sICU_PATH=$ICU_ROOT"
       echo "$ICU_ROOT"
     fi
   else
     BJAM_CONFIG="$BJAM_CONFIG -sICU_PATH=$ICU_ROOT"
     echo "$ICU_ROOT"
   fi
else
   echo "disabled."
fi

and this section:

Configuration:
   -h, --help                display this help and exit
   --with-bjam=BJAM          use existing Boost.Jam executable (bjam)
                             [automatically built]
   --with-toolset=TOOLSET    use specific Boost.Build toolset
                             [automatically detected]
   --show-libraries          show the set of libraries that require
build
                             and installation steps (i.e., those
libraries
                             that can be used with --with-libraries or
                             --without-libraries), then exit
   --with-libraries=list     build only a particular set of libraries,
                             describing using either a comma-
separated list of
                             library names or "all"
                             [all]
   --without-libraries=list  build all libraries except the ones
listed []
   --with-icu                enable Unicode/ICU support in Regex
                             [automatically detected]
   --without-icu             disable Unicode/ICU support in Regex
   --with-icu=DIR            specify the root of the ICU library
installation
                             and enable Unicode/ICU support in Regex
                             [automatically detected]
   --with-python=PYTHON      specify the Python executable [python]
   --with-python-root=DIR    specify the root of the Python installation
                             [automatically detected]
   --with-python-version=X.Y specify the Python version as X.Y
                             [automatically detected]

As suggested by Michel I tried 'port contents boost | grep regex-mt'
but it did not find the file. However, I was not sure if that command
was searching the directories after the install or seaching sources
that will be installed.

Does anyone have any other suggestion? I only hope that installing
mpeg4ip will be less trouble.

Thanks,

Terrence