QT text font problem

ximon ximon at ximon.karoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 14:22:35 PDT 2008

On 21 Sep 2008, at 02:43, Frank Schima wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2008, at 5:28 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> ximon wrote:
>>> After I upgraded to 10.5.5 the weird font display started. Nothing
>>> had
>>> been done to the macports software all safely installed under /opt/
>>> local - no upgrades, no new builds. Nothing :)
>>
>> I assume this software uses qt3-x11. Have you been using a Xquartz
>> release? Maybe the system upgrade to 10.5.5 overwrote it. Try
>> reinstalling Xquartz in this case.
>
> Yes, you do need to reinstall XQuartz after updating to 10.5.5,
> because the update installs version 2.1.5. Be sure to use XQuartz
> version 2.3.1.
>

> Cheers!
> Frank

OK, it's sorted out now :)

It seems like the default font was corrupted somehow, either that or
it was set to something weird... Having looked at the layout of a
readable qtconfig under Linux, I was able to click in the right places
to set a legible font for QT.

Thanks for your input, at least I now know about XQuartz and have the
latest version installed.

Simon.