list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space

Darren Weber darren.weber.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:06:14 PDT 2008

I have a local port repository under my home path where I am testing a
new port for libpqxx (see attached).  When I try to install this port,
I get the following:

[ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ sudo port install libpqxx
Password:
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Fetching libpqxx
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for libpqxx
--->  Extracting libpqxx
--->  Configuring libpqxx
--->  Building libpqxx with target all
--->  Staging libpqxx into destroot
--->  Installing libpqxx 2.6.9_0
list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space

Thereafter, I can't do anything with this port, eg:

[ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ sudo port lint libpqxx
list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space
[ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ sudo port clean --all libpqxx
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space
[ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ sudo port install libpqxx
list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space

Is this a sign of corruption somewhere in the macport registry or something?

For instance:

[ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ port -v installed
Error: port installed failed: list element in braces followed by "}"
instead of space
No ports are installed.

If so, how do I fix this?

Thanks, Darren