taglib won't install (problem with gcc4.0 blacklisted)

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Wed Sep 24 13:08:21 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 07:40:10AM -0700, rhubbell said:
[...]
> I don't recall where I got Xcode, I thought it came with the OS.
> But I'll check that link to see how to upgrade.

Yes, the OS DVD does include Xcode, but as time goes on that version goes
further out of date...To upgrade you just download the DMG for the latest
version and install the packages from it.  There should be documentation in
the DMG if you feel like reading beforehand.

> BTW I found a taglib.dmg on the taglib site, if I installed that would
> worlds collide?

I'm guessing it'll install in /usr/local which won't break things, but
anything you install from MacPorts won't see it since they'll be looking only
for MacPorts-installed items to satisfy dependencies.

Bryan

[...]