audiofile checksum failure

Bill Parducci bill at parducci.net
Wed Sep 24 15:58:43 PDT 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> I take it you did try cleaning audiofile, not the main port you were
> trying
> to install?  Also, were you in interactive mode, as if you were, I
> think if
> this is the bug that's come up before [1], you'll need to restart
> port?

Yes, I cleaned audiofile explicitly. Yes, in interactive mode. Will
try from command line...

> If neither of those solves the issue, can you run
>
> $ sudo port clean --all audiofile
>
> then show the output of running
>
> $ sudo port -d checksum audiofile
>
> Maybe something there will be helpful.

$ pwd
/opt/local/bin

$ sudo ./port clean --all audiofile

--->  Cleaning audiofile
wparducci:bin wparducci$ sudo ./port -d checksum audiofile
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/audio/audiofile
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/audio/audiofile
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port audiofile.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port audiofile.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port audiofile.
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.main (audiofile)
--->  Fetching audiofile
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.fetch (audiofile)
--->  audiofile-0.2.6.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/
macports/distfiles/audiofile
--->  Attempting to fetch audiofile-0.2.6.tar.gz from http://www.68k.org/~michael/audiofile/
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
Left  Speed
100  365k  100  365k    0     0   258k      0  0:00:01  0:00:01
--:--:--  325k
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for audiofile
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.checksum (audiofile)
--->  Checksumming audiofile-0.2.6.tar.gz
DEBUG: Correct (md5) checksum for audiofile-0.2.6.tar.gz
DEBUG: Correct (sha1) checksum for audiofile-0.2.6.tar.gz
DEBUG: Correct (rmd160) checksum for audiofile-0.2.6.tar.gz

So far so good...

$ sudo ./port install audiofile
--->  Extracting audiofile
--->  Applying patches to audiofile
--->  Configuring audiofile
--->  Building audiofile with target all
--->  Staging audiofile into destroot
--->  Installing audiofile 0.2.6_2
--->  Activating audiofile 0.2.6_2
--->  Cleaning audiofile

Works! Must have been interactive mode...

thanks