Configure error macport - mkvToolnix

Mine i.cue at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Sep 26 18:54:11 PDT 2008

Hi Ryan,

I have uninstalled everything and started again. Installing mpeg4ip
and mkvtoolnix
first, followed by ffmpeg, a52, faac, faad, lame, x264 and xvid.

I am not sure if this is the right place for this next question, but
hopefully you or
someone else may have encountered this next problem.

I have been able to extract a video track from and .mkv file, but
when I try to convert
the audio to aac using the following:

ffmpeg -i file.mkv -vn -acodec aac -ac 2 audio.aac

  I get  'unknown encoder aac'

It seems to start alright with the following:
FFmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
   configuration: --prefix=/opt/local --disable-vhook --mandir=/opt/
local/share/man --enable-shared --enable-pthreads --disable-mmx --
cc=gcc-4.0 --enable-gpl --enable-liba52
   libavutil version: 49.7.0
   libavcodec version: 51.60.0
   libavformat version: 52.18.0
   libavdevice version: 52.0.0
   built on Sep 27 2008 00:52:03, gcc: 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
build 5370)

followed by many lines of this:
[matroska @ 0x1802800]Ignoring seekhead entry for ID=0x1549a966
[matroska @ 0x1802800]Ignoring seekhead entry for ID=0x1654ae6b
[matroska @ 0x1802800]Ignoring seekhead entry for ID=0x114d9b74

and ends with:
Input #0, matroska, from '/Users/TWcomputer/vid_convert/Thomson/
Thomson_WMV-HD_720p.mkv':
   Duration: 00:04:39.56, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
     Stream #0.0: Attachment: 0x0000
     Stream #0.1: Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9],
30.00 tb(r)
     Stream #0.2: Audio: vorbis, 44100 Hz, stereo
Unknown encoder 'aac'

I am not sure if ffmpeg has its own encoder or if it should try to
use faac. Can anyone suggest how to
solve this one.

Thanks,

Terrence