Configure error macport - mkvToolnix

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 25 18:52:47 PDT 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 18:25, Mine wrote:

> I am now trying to install mpeg4ip. During the build process, I get
> the following message:
> mp4.h is being used by the active faac port. Please deactivate this
> port first, or use the -f flag to force the activation.
>
> What is the best option? if I force the installation, does the
> install overwrite the mp4.h
> file or the link that faac has to that file. As I have not forced
> installed before, am I right
> in thinking that the command is 'sudo port -f install mpeg4ip'.
>
> If deactivate is the way to go, is the command 'port disable faac'.
> I searched the
> macPorts info but I did not see a disable command.

The message means faac and mpeg4ip both want to install the same file
(mp4.h). Is the contents of these two files the same? If not, then
faac and mpeg4ip cannot be activate at the same time. Do you need
both? You may need to file a ticket so the maintainers of these two
ports can resolve this conflict. Unfortunately, mpeg4ip has no
maintainer, but maybe the maintainer of faac can take care of it.