Configure error macport - mkvToolnix

Mine i.cue at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 29 17:02:38 PDT 2008

Hi Ryan,

Seems the problem is near solved.  After reinstall with all the
variants I was still
getting the unknown encoder error. So I looked in the directories to
see what
had been install and then changed 'ffmpeg -i file.mkv -vn -acodec aac
-ac 2 audio.aac'
to 'ffmpeg -i file.mkv -vn -acodec libfaac -ac 2 audio.aac' and it
worked. The only problem
is the audio file created is loud and distorted. I have searched and
found neroAACEnc,
but it does not have a macPorts port. Would it be possible to install
this and other apps
into the same directory as macPorts using something like the following:
./configure --prefix=/opt/local

Am I right in assuming that if I point the configure to either /opt
or /opt/local the app would be
install into the relevant folders?

Thanks,

Terrence