Configure error macport - mkvToolnix

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 29 22:41:49 PDT 2008

On Sep 29, 2008, at 7:02 PM, Mine wrote:

> Seems the problem is near solved.  After reinstall with all the
> variants I was still
> getting the unknown encoder error. So I looked in the directories
> to see what
> had been install and then changed 'ffmpeg -i file.mkv -vn -acodec
> aac -ac 2 audio.aac'
> to 'ffmpeg -i file.mkv -vn -acodec libfaac -ac 2 audio.aac' and it
> worked. The only problem
> is the audio file created is loud and distorted. I have searched
> and found neroAACEnc,
> but it does not have a macPorts port. Would it be possible to
> install this and other apps
> into the same directory as macPorts using something like the
> following:
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/local
>
> Am I right in assuming that if I point the configure to either /opt
> or /opt/local the app would be
> install into the relevant folders?

The correct prefix would be /opt/local, not /opt. However, do not
install software into the MacPorts prefix manually. MacPorts has its
own prefix because it wants to be in control of what's in there. I
recommend you make a port for neroAACEnc. The Guide [1] is a good
place to learn how to write ports. I also find it valuable to just
look at some of the existing portfiles to see how they do things.

[1] http://guide.macports.org/