Firefox-x11 did not upgrade

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 16:21:14 PDT 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 02:14:37AM -0700, Frank J. R. Hanstick said:
>> Hello,
>>
>> 	Upgrading Firefox-x11 resulted in the following error:
> [...]
>> In file included from nsNSSCleaner.h:127,
>>                  from nsNSSCleaner.cpp:38:
>> ../../../../dist/include/system_wrappers/certt.h:3:24: error:
>> certt.h: No
>> such file or directory
>
> That should be with the nss port, do you have that installed and at
> version
> 3.12?  The current firefox-x11 (3.0.8_2) lists it as a dependency,
> so it
> should have been installed...
>
> Bryan
>
> [...]
>>
>> Frank

Hello,
	Being dependent on nss-3,12 explains why it is not installing
because nss-3.12 fails to install (ticket 18930) leaving me with
nss-3.11.9_0.  Shouldn't a failure to install nss-3.12 cause the
Firefox-x11 to abort during configuration rather than build?
	This leads into another issue, namely that of repeated attempts on
failed installations.  The repeated attempts are from  each instance
of detecting a dependency at a new module.  As a result, a lot of
time is wasted in repeating failed installation attempts.  Can't
there be some sort of unsuccessful history link list be made
available for upgrade installed so that repeated attempts are not made?
Frank J. R. Hanstick
trog24 at comcast.net