downgrading Gnucash not helping

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 5 07:04:41 PDT 2009

Because of as yet unresolved Pango problems, I need to go back to my
complains about a symbol not existing in a dylib.  So far the only
thing I've deactivated and reactivated the old version of is Gnucash
itself.  Other things that successfully upgraded have the new version
active.  Is this causing problems?  If so, how do I figure out where
the problem is?  I attempted to use port provides to figure out where
the "missing" dylib was coming from but as you can see below, that
didn't look in opt/ at all.

FWIW, this is exactly the same reason that the new Gnucash 2.2.9_1
won't run.  Gnucash actually installs and activates despite the Pango
failure.

Any help appreciated.
Lenore

Details:

MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port installed gnucash
   gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
   gnucash @2.2.9_1+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
(active)
MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port deactivate gnucash 2.2.9_1
Password:
--->  Deactivating gnucash
Error: port deactivate failed: Registry error: 2.2.9_1 not registered
as installed & active.
MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port deactivate gnucash at 2.2.9_1
Error: port deactivate failed: Registry error: gnucash not registered
as installed & active.
MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port installed gnucash
   gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
   gnucash @2.2.9_1+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port activate gnucash at 2.2.8_0
Error: port activate failed: Registry error: gnucash 2.2.8_0 not
registered as installed.
MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port activate gnucash at 2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
--->  Activating gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx
+without_quotes
MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ gnucash
dyld: Symbol not found: _CGLGetCurrentContext
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/
Versions/A/OpenGL
   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port provides libGL
/Users/mlh/libGL does not exist.
MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ cd /opt/local/lib/
MLHPBG4:lib mlh$ ls
GConf						libgoffice-0.6.6.0.5.dylib
X11						libgoffice-0.6.6.dylib
bonobo						libgoffice-0.6.dylib
bonobo-2.0					libgoffice-0.6.la
dbus-1.0					libgp11.0.dylib
enchant						libgp11.dylib
engines						libgp11.la
getopt						libgpg-error.0.5.0.dylib
gettext						libgpg-error.0.dylib
glib-2.0					libgpg-error.a
gnome-keyring					libgpg-error.dylib
gnome-vfs-2.0					libgpg-error.la
gnucash						libgsf-1.114.0.11.dylib
goffice						libgsf-1.114.dylib
gtk-2.0						libgsf-1.a
gwenhywfar					libgsf-1.dylib
hacklocaledir.so				libgsf-1.la
libGL.1.2.dylib					libgsf-gnome-1.114.0.11.dylib
libGL.1.dylib					libgsf-gnome-1.114.dylib
libGL.dylib					libgsf-gnome-1.a