downgrading Gnucash not helping

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 6 02:39:39 PDT 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 09:04, Lenore Horner wrote:

> Because of as yet unresolved Pango problems, I need to go back to
> my previous installation of Gnucash.  I attempted to do so, but
> Gnucash complains about a symbol not existing in a dylib.  So far
> the only thing I've deactivated and reactivated the old version of
> is Gnucash itself.  Other things that successfully upgraded have
> the new version active.  Is this causing problems?  If so, how do I
> figure out where the problem is?  I attempted to use port provides
> to figure out where the "missing" dylib was coming from but as you
> can see below, that didn't look in opt/ at all.
>
> FWIW, this is exactly the same reason that the new Gnucash 2.2.9_1
> won't run.  Gnucash actually installs and activates despite the
> Pango failure.
>
> Any help appreciated.
> Lenore
>

> Details:
>
> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port installed gnucash
> The following ports are currently installed:
>   gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
>   gnucash @2.2.9_1+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
> (active)
> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port deactivate gnucash 2.2.9_1
> Password:
> --->  Deactivating gnucash
> Error: port deactivate failed: Registry error: 2.2.9_1 not
> registered as installed & active.
> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port deactivate gnucash at 2.2.9_1
> Error: port deactivate failed: Registry error: gnucash not
> registered as installed & active.
> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port installed gnucash
> The following ports are currently installed:
>   gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
>   gnucash @2.2.9_1+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port activate gnucash at 2.2.8_0
> Error: port activate failed: Registry error: gnucash 2.2.8_0 not
> registered as installed.
> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port activate gnucash at 2.2.8_0+no_x11
> +without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
> --->  Activating gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx
> +without_quotes
> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ gnucash
> dyld: Symbol not found: _CGLGetCurrentContext
>   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/
> Versions/A/OpenGL
>   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib
>
> Trace/BPT trap
> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port provides libGL
> /Users/mlh/libGL does not exist.

You need to give "port provides" the full path of the file in question.

$ port provides /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib is provided by: mesa

mesa was recently updated to a new version. Check "port installed
mesa" to see if you still have the old version around. If so,
deactivate the new version and activate the old one.