autoreconf: failed to run libtoolize

Georg Otto georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de
Sun Apr 5 11:10:40 PDT 2009

Hi,
I am quite inexperienced with Mac ports, so I apologize if I missed
something obvious. I am trying to install lyx, but there seems to be a
missing binary libtoolize (see below) Any idea?

Thanks,

Georg

 sudo port install lyx
Password:
--->  Configuring xorg-libAppleWM
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: autoreconf failure: shell comman
 " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macp
rts.org_release_ports_x11_xorg-libAppleWM/work/libAppleWM-1.0.0" && autoreconf
-install -fvi " returned error 1
Command output: autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
/opt/local/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_P
TH_PSTOEDIT
/opt/local/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal
/opt/local/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7:   or see http://sources.redhat.com/auto
ake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --copy --force
Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /opt/local/share/autoconf
Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 290, <GEN3> line 4.
autoreconf: failed to run libtoolize: No such file or directory

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: texlive texlive_base xorg-li
s xorg-libAppleWM xorg-libFS xorg-fontsproto xorg-libXScrnSaver xorg-scrnsaverp
oto xorg-libXTrap xorg-libXt xorg-libsm xorg-libice xorg-trapproto xorg-libXaw
org-libXmu xpm xorg-libXcomposite xorg-compositeproto xorg-fixesproto xorg-libX
ixes xorg-libXcursor xorg-renderproto xorg-libXdamage xorg-damageproto xorg-lib
evie xorg-evieproto xorg-libXfont xorg-fontcacheproto xorg-libfontenc xorg-libX
ontcache xorg-libXi xorg-libXinerama xorg-xineramaproto xorg-libXp xorg-printpr
to xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto xorg-libXres xorg-resourceproto xorg-libXtst
org-recordproto xorg-libXv xorg-videoproto xorg-libXvMC xorg-libXxf86dga xorg-x
86dgaproto xorg-libXxf86misc xorg-xf86miscproto xorg-libXxf86vm xorg-xf86vidmod
proto xorg-libdmx xorg-dmxproto xorg-liblbxutil xorg-liboldX xorg-libxcb xorg-l
bpthread-stubs xorg-xcb-proto python26 db46 gdbm tk tcl xorg-libxkbfile xorg-li
xkbui xorg-xcb-util