GLew for MAC

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Mon Apr 6 00:49:42 PDT 2009

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Note that libGLEW.a is a static library. I'm not aware of how to
> determine what architectures a static library is built for. Usually
> you would be using a dynamic library, like libGLEW.dylib, for which
> the "file" command should verify its architectures.

lipo -info

It's missing a toc on the archive, either by using "ar rcs" instead
of "ar cr" or by calling "ranlib" explicitly.

BEFORE
lipo: archive with no architecture specification: /opt/local/lib/
libGLEW.a (can't determine architecture for it)

AFTER
Architectures in the fat file: /opt/local/lib/libGLEW.a are: ppc i386

--anders