GLew for MAC

vinitha ks joshmiks at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 6 03:43:34 PDT 2009

ok thanks,Now its working.
--- On Mon, 6/4/09, Anders F Björklund <afb at macports.org> wrote:

From: Anders F Björklund <afb at macports.org>
Subject: Re: GLew for MAC
To: "Ryan Schmidt" <ryandesign at macports.org>
Cc: "MacPorts Users" <macports-users at lists.macosforge.org>
Date: Monday, 6 April, 2009, 1:19 PM

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Note that libGLEW.a is a static library. I'm not aware of how to determine what architectures a static library is built for. Usually you would be using a dynamic library, like libGLEW.dylib, for which the "file" command should verify its architectures.

lipo -info

It's missing a toc on the archive, either by using "ar rcs" instead of "ar cr" or by calling "ranlib" explicitly.

BEFORE
lipo: archive with no architecture specification: /opt/local/lib/libGLEW.a (can't determine architecture for it)

AFTER
Architectures in the fat file: /opt/local/lib/libGLEW.a are: ppc i386

--anders