What is MacPorts doing?

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 6 15:30:17 PDT 2009

Hello,
	The results from running "sudo port upgrade installed" are as follows:

		 1)  m4, sqlite3, openssl, glib2, nspr, mesa, pcre, py25,
spidermonkey (replaced the dual deactivate/active message), xinput,
abd xrandr were upgraded.
		 2) lcms, bison, flex, gzip, and gstreamer were added.
		 3) render error message disappeared.
		 4) nss failed (see posting regarding nss failure)
		 5) evolution_data_server failed (see evolution_data_server posting
regarding evolution_data_server failure).
		 6) heimal upgrade failed

/usr/bin/gcc-4.0  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../include  -
I../../../lib/roken -I../../../lib/roken -I./../common  -DFTP_SERVER -
I/opt/local/include -D_LARGE_FILES= -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -
Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-
externs  -DINET6 -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -MT logwtmp.o -MD -MP -
MF .deps/logwtmp.Tpo -c -o logwtmp.o logwtmp.c
logwtmp.c: In function 'ftpd_logwtmp_asl':
logwtmp.c:87: error: 'ASL_KEY_FACILITY' undeclared (first use in this
function)
logwtmp.c:87: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
logwtmp.c:87: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [logwtmp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

		 7)  libcanberra upgrade failed.

Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_audio_l
ibcanberra/work/libcanberra-0.10" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local
--enable-gtk " returned error 1
Command output: checking for ALSA... no
checking soundcard.h usability... no
checking soundcard.h presence... no
checking for soundcard.h... no
checking sys/soundcard.h usability... no
checking sys/soundcard.h presence... no
checking for sys/soundcard.h... no
checking machine/soundcard.h usability... no
checking machine/soundcard.h presence... no
checking for machine/soundcard.h... no
checking for PULSE... no
checking for GST... yes
checking for GTK... yes
checking for gconftool-2... /opt/local/bin/gconftool-2
Using config source xml:merged:/opt/local/etc/gconf/
gconf.xml.defaults for schema installation
Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema files
checking for TDB... no
checking for lynx... no
configure: WARNING: *** lynx not found, plain text README will not be
built ***
checking for VORBIS... configure: error: Package requirements
( vorbisfile ) were not met:

No package 'vorbisfile' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables VORBIS_CFLAGS
and VORBIS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

		 8)  fontforge upgrade failed (see fontforge posting regarding
fontforge failure).
		 9)  qemu upgrade failed (see qemu posting regarding qemu failure).
		10) textlive_base upgrade failed.

/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: warning suggest use
of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding may result in errors or different
symbols being used
symbol _vendorShellWidgetClass used from dynamic library /opt/local/
lib/libXt.dylib(single module) not from earlier dynamic library /opt/
local/lib/libXaw.7.dylib(single module)
symbol _vendorShellClassRec used from dynamic library /opt/local/lib/
libXt.dylib(single module) not from earlier dynamic library /opt/
local/lib/libXaw.7.dylib(single module)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [xdvi-xaw.bin] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

	The anomalous behavior disappeared which is what we were shooting
for.  I believe the textlive_base error changed.

Frank J. R. Hanstick
trog24 at comcast.net