mod_python25

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Apr 6 16:19:30 PDT 2009

On 2009-04-07 01:08, Jon Crump wrote:
> Thanks for responding. I'm wondering
>
> 1. if the macports installation will create a new Sites directory where my
> existing pages will have to be moved, or will my web directory be able to
> remain in the same location.

That depends how you configure your new apache installation, I am sure
you could set the document root to the existing directory (if the
permissions are correct).

> 2. if my existing PHP 5.2.6 will have to be removed (and how would I do
> that anyway) and the ports version installed instead?

You should install php5 +apache2 for your apache2 from MacPorts. See
also <http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP>.

> 3. After disabling the builtin apache server in the System Preferences,
> do I enable the new version installed by macports? Will I still be able to
> use the Sharing prefs pane for this?

No.

To enable apache2 as a permanent daemon, use:
  sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist
To disable you use a similar command, just replace load with unload.

Rainer