downgrading Gnucash not helping

David Reiser dbreiser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 18:20:29 PDT 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 6:54 PM, Lenore Horner wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2009, at 04:39 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Apr 5, 2009, at 09:04, Lenore Horner wrote:
>>
>>> Because of as yet unresolved Pango problems, I need to go back to
>>> my previous installation of Gnucash.  I attempted to do so, but
>>> Gnucash complains about a symbol not existing in a dylib.  So far
>>> the only thing I've deactivated and reactivated the old version of
>>> is Gnucash itself.  Other things that successfully upgraded have
>>> the new version active.  Is this causing problems?  If so, how do
>>> I figure out where the problem is?  I attempted to use port
>>> provides to figure out where the "missing" dylib was coming from
>>> but as you can see below, that didn't look in opt/ at all.
>>>
>>> FWIW, this is exactly the same reason that the new Gnucash 2.2.9_1
>>> won't run.  Gnucash actually installs and activates despite the
>>> Pango failure.
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated.
>>> Lenore
>>>

>>> Details:
>>>
>>> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port installed gnucash
>>> The following ports are currently installed:
>>> gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
>>> gnucash @2.2.9_1+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
>>> (active)
>>> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port deactivate gnucash 2.2.9_1
>>> Password:
>>> --->  Deactivating gnucash
>>> Error: port deactivate failed: Registry error: 2.2.9_1 not
>>> registered as installed & active.
>>> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port deactivate gnucash at 2.2.9_1
>>> Error: port deactivate failed: Registry error: gnucash not
>>> registered as installed & active.
>>> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port installed gnucash
>>> The following ports are currently installed:
>>> gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
>>> gnucash @2.2.9_1+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
>>> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port activate gnucash at 2.2.8_0
>>> Error: port activate failed: Registry error: gnucash 2.2.8_0 not
>>> registered as installed.
>>> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ sudo port activate gnucash at 2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx+without_quotes
>>> --->  Activating gnucash @2.2.8_0+no_x11+without_hbci+without_ofx
>>> +without_quotes
>>> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ gnucash
>>> dyld: Symbol not found: _CGLGetCurrentContext
>>> Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/
>>> Versions/A/OpenGL
>>> Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib
>>>
>>> Trace/BPT trap
>>> MLHPBG4:~ mlh$ port provides libGL
>>> /Users/mlh/libGL does not exist.
>>
>> You need to give "port provides" the full path of the file in
>> question.
>>
>> $ port provides /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib
>> /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib is provided by: mesa
>>
>> mesa was recently updated to a new version. Check "port installed
>> mesa" to see if you still have the old version around. If so,
>> deactivate the new version and activate the old one.
>>
> The solution to my problem (found on the gnucash mailing list from
> [...]

xorg-libs depends on mesa, so if you've ever built macports' x11, that
could be where mesa is coming from. Mesa is the open-source version of
OpenGL. The only piece of gnucash that I _know_ brings in
OpenGL.framework is aqbanking. I don't know how the variants system
works, so I can't figure out why you'd be having trouble brought on by
aqbanking, since that's not in the variant you installed.

Perhaps the +no_x11 isn't stomping on all those libraries thoroughly.

As a generic suggestion for the full gnucash package, perhaps if
someone could get aqbanking to build against mesa instead of OpenGL,
the gnucash/mesa collision might subside.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at gmail.com