downgrading Gnucash not helping

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 9 08:14:04 PDT 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 20:20 , David Reiser wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2009, at 6:54 PM, Lenore Horner wrote:

>>> You need to give "port provides" the full path of the file in
>>> question.
>>>
>>> $ port provides /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib
>>> /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib is provided by: mesa
>>>
>>> mesa was recently updated to a new version. Check "port installed
>>> mesa" to see if you still have the old version around. If so,
>>> deactivate the new version and activate the old one.
>>>
>> The solution to my problem (found on the gnucash mailing list from
>> someone initially having a different problem) was to deactivate
>> mesa.  That let the gnucash 2.2.9_1 run.
>>
>> So where did mesa come from if nothing depends on it and it just
>> makes gnucash not run?
>>
>> Lenore
>

> xorg-libs depends on mesa, so if you've ever built macports' x11,
> that could be where mesa is coming from. Mesa is the open-source
> version of OpenGL. The only piece of gnucash that I _know_ brings in
> OpenGL.framework is aqbanking. I don't know how the variants system
> works, so I can't figure out why you'd be having trouble brought on
> by aqbanking, since that's not in the variant you installed.
>
> Perhaps the +no_x11 isn't stomping on all those libraries thoroughly.
>
> As a generic suggestion for the full gnucash package, perhaps if
> someone could get aqbanking to build against mesa instead of OpenGL,
> the gnucash/mesa collision might subside.
>
> Dave
> --
> David Reiser
> dbreiser at gmail.com

Judging from what gets installed, Macports ignores the variants in
dependency tracing but then when it actually builds the software the
variants are obeyed.  So aqbanking gets installed, but gnucash doesn't
get built with aqbanking (and I have subsequently uninstalled
aqbanking).  The same happens with gwenhwyfar.  I'm rather baffled.

Lenore