Goffice fails

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 12 07:30:22 PDT 2009

On Apr 11, 2009, at 22:12 , Lenore Horner wrote:

> I'm trying to install gnucash without x11 (and without any of the
> online banking stuff).  Pango failed, but there is not a patch that
> at least allows Pango to compile.  I don't know whether it breaks
> something else though.  Now Goffice is failing with an error that
> looks similar to me: looking for *x.h when it's supposed to be
> +no_x11 +quartz.  This is trac issue 18655, but no solution has been
> posed there in the 6 weeks since the issue was created in trac.
>
> Anyone have any idea how important the functions that are supposed
> to be defined in the missing file are?  Can I just skip over them
> the way the Pango patch does?
>
> Lenore

I may have found a solution to my own problem: in the file foo-canvas-
rect-ellipse.c  replace every instance of

#ifdef HAVE_RENDER
#endif

with

#ifdef HAVE_RENDER
#ifdef HAVE_X
#endif
#endif

This permits goffice to install for me (G4, OS 10.5.6, MacPorts 1.7.1,
Xcode 3.1.2).  I haven't finished all the rest of the installation
yet, so I don't know whether I've broken things or not.  If Gnucash
runs fine for me with this patch, I'll try following the instructions
for creating a diff and post it to trac.  (I have to figure out first
how to get back the .c files without undoing my installation since
they got cleaned up I think.)

Lenore