auto complete

S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) smibrahim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 10:10:16 PDT 2009

2009/4/15 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>

> On Apr 14, 2009, at 21:58, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>  Bryan Blackburn wrote:

>>> Or even the 1.7.1 DMG, then the selfupdate which happens post-install
>>> won't
>>> re-break readline support...
>>>

> That's what I meant. :) Use 1.7.1.
>

>  Will that fix bash-completion? How?
>>

> Um..... It won't..... I should have read more carefully.
>
> S. M. Ibrahim, so we're sure we're talking about the same feature, could
> you tell us exactly what actions you're doing (what keys you're pressing and
> when) and what you expected to happen? Then we'll know better what component
> is responsible for making that happen and what to recommend.
>
> generally i use the terminal to do all ports staff.
sudo port
then i type in and press tab to get autocomplete, the cursor jumping one tab
instate of completing this command. on macports 1.6 it was working ok. but
after upgrading to 1.7 it's stop working.

and also i can't use the arrow key to get the preivious command.

S. M. Ibrahim Lavlu
software engineer, php
somewhere in...
http://www.somewherein.net