auto complete

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 15 10:17:00 PDT 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 12:10, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:

> generally i use the terminal to do all ports staff.
> sudo port
> then i type in and press tab to get autocomplete, the cursor
> jumping one tab instate of completing this command. on macports 1.6
> it was working ok. but after upgrading to 1.7 it's stop working.
>
> and also i can't use the arrow key to get the preivious command.

Ok, so when you type "sudo port" you leave the bash shell and enter
the MacPorts shell, so we're talking about completion within the
MacPorts shell, not the bash shell. So yes, we know that goes away
when you selfupdate, and yes it should come back when you reinstall
MacPorts from the dmg. So get the 1.7.1 dmg for your OS and install
it on top of what you have now. Your ports will not be affected.