problem installing doxygen on 10.5.6

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Apr 22 05:41:00 PDT 2009

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2009, at 23:27, Victor Eijkhout wrote:
>
>> On 2009/04/21, at 6:49 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have libiconv installed with the universal variant? If so,
>>> what architectures did you request in your macports.conf? If you
>>> requested any 64-bit architectures, it might be the cause of this error.
>>
>> Can you talk me through this?
>> 1/ If libiconv is installed, it's not by me.
>>
>> "port installed" gives
>>   libiconv @1.12_0+darwin_8 (active)
>
> Ok, so libiconv is installed, and is not universal.
>
> But you don't have the current version. You have 1.12_0, and the bug was
> fixed in 1.12_2. Update your MacPorts and your port definitions, then
> upgrade libiconv and anything else that's outdated.

It's not good that you have a darwin_8 variant selected on Leopard
(which is darwin 9). This is likely a result of upgrading from Tiger or
migrating from an older machine which was running Tiger.

You should first install MacPorts again from the current (1.7.1) Leopard
dmg, to make sure you have the right version for your OS. Then you need
to rebuild your ports with the right platform variants. It's safest to
start fresh when you change OS versions, by recording the ports you have
installed, uninstalling them all, and installing them again.

- Josh