Port patches, how to proceeed

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Apr 23 18:46:53 PDT 2009

Hello, another list user here has sent me a local port patch file for
postfix.  mysql support was added via a variant.  I do not believe it
has been submitted to trac yet, it definitely is not in upstream
officially.

It works for me, though I have found some other issue I want to
patch.  I do not want to add my patches to the other users patch, I
think for credit reasons, and tracking reasons, they need to be kept
separate.

How do I do this?  How do I make a second, separate diff/patch in my
local macports repo?

What I need to solve, is on start you will get these errors:
postfix/postsuper[175]: warning: bogus file name: maildrop/.turd_postfix
postfix/postfix-script[192]: warning: not owned by _postfix: /opt/
local/var/lib/postfix/./.turd_postfix

1) Is there a single command to clean up .turd files, is there a way
to simply traverse all installed files and get rid of them all?  If
not, I can do them one at a time, what phase is suggested?

2) The second error above, can not entirely be solved by just deleting
the .turd file, you will still get a permissons error iirc.  So I also
need to issue a user/group change as well. What phase is suggested for
this work?