Mac (OSX) Error: Unresolved inheritance operation

not quite switched rcpdecoy-test1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 19:05:55 PDT 2009

<ul>
<li>I believe that this is caused by XCode breaking your X11 install.
This resolved the problem for me:</li>
<ol>
<li> install / upgrade XCode</li>
<li> upgrade X11 (make sure you get the version appropriate to your OS
version)
    from the  http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki Xquartz site
    you will note that the X11 docs recommend that you reinstall X11 after
installing XCode or after
    installing OS updates - this is why I think that the XCode install is
probably the culprit</li>
<li> uninstall everything in macports </li>
<li> reinstall desired ports</li>
</ol>
<li>this got gv and xv working for me which is all I'm using so far </li>
</ul>
regards - hope this works for others