uninstalling ports

Alejandro Aragon alejandro.aragon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:31:05 PDT 2009

Thank you guys for the quick response. Doing 'sudo port  -f -u
uninstall' suggested by Erwan I went down from 12.2Gb to 9.1Gb. The
distfiles are about 353Mb. I've been thinking however, that probably
the best way to do this is to remove macports and start from scratch.
I'm thinking about this because I installed many ports in the past
that I basically don't need anymore, and other times I uninstalled
others but dependencies remained and so on. The only thing that
bothers me is that it will take again about 2 hours to compile the GCC
compiler.

Any ideas?

Alejandro Aragón