embedding @executable_path

acolubri andres.colubri at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:14:48 PDT 2009

I need all the binaries and libraries generated with macports to have a
specific path embedded into them (libtool -install_name ...). In particular,
this path has to be relative to the location of the calling application
(i.e.: @executable_path/blah/blah).

Is there any way to set this globally through the port command or by editing
any of the macports config files? Or should I just patch by hand the
configure/makefiles of each source distribution to have libtool setting the
desired path?

Thanks a lot.