multitail fails to run without configuration file

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Wed Aug 12 12:03:51 PDT 2009

hi

running from trunk - 10.5.8

I tried to install and use multitail this morning.

sudo port install multitail

everything seems to build/install

multitail /opt/local/apache2/logs/access_log /opt/local/apache2/logs/
error_log

gives me a "Bus error" - along with 2 processes running tail...

Installs and runs just fine on Panther (just checking)

I can download and build the source in my home directory. That works
just fine, and runs.

For entertainment value I created /opt/local/etc/multitail.conf (from
the /opt/local/etc/multitail.conf.new file)

Bus error stopped happening...

8)