openjdk6 install error

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Thu Aug 13 00:58:17 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
> An attempt to install openjdk6 resulted in the following error:
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_java_openjdk6/work/./"
> /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/bin/ant -diagnostics >
> /tmp/root/jdk-outputdir/langtools/build/ant-diagnostics.log
> /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/bin/ant: line 1:
> /opt/local/share/java/openjdk6_bootstrap/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary
> file
> /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/bin/ant: line 1:
> /opt/local/share/java/openjdk6_bootstrap/jre/bin/java: Unknown error: 0
> make[1]: *** [build] Error 1
> make: *** [langtools-build] Error 2

Does /tmp/root/jdk-outputdir/langtools/build/ant-diagnostics.log  say
anything useful?

My install did not get as far as yours, Frank.  My own build got as
far as the sanity check:
ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point \n       to a
valid JDK for bootstrapping this build. \n       A JDK 6  build must
be bootstrapped using  \n       JDK 1.6.0 fcs (or later). \n
Apparently, your bootstrap JDK is version  \n       Please update your
ALT_BOOTDIR setting and start your build again. \n
Exiting because of the above error(s). \n
make: *** [post-sanity] Error 1

Did you do anything special to your environment to get through the
sanity check?  I am on Tiger 10.4.