openjdk6 install error

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 13 01:52:30 PDT 2009

Hello,
	I am using MacOS 10.4.11 on a PPC G4.
	I had to rebuild the system because of a memory card failure that
took out the hd.  The JDK was the first installation after installing
MacPorts, so everything was clean.  The command used was:

	sudo port install openjdk6

ant-diagnostics.log is an empty file.  I attached a copy of my sanity
check Messages and Warnings from /tmp/root/jdk-outputdir.  I hope
that will be of some help.

On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:58 AM, David Corking wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
>> An attempt to install openjdk6 resulted in the following error:
>> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
>> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_java
>> _openjdk6/work/./"
>> /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/bin/ant -diagnostics >
>> /tmp/root/jdk-outputdir/langtools/build/ant-diagnostics.log
>> /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/bin/ant: line 1:
>> /opt/local/share/java/openjdk6_bootstrap/jre/bin/java: cannot
>> execute binary
>> file
>> /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/bin/ant: line 1:
>> /opt/local/share/java/openjdk6_bootstrap/jre/bin/java: Unknown
>> error: 0
>> make[1]: *** [build] Error 1
>> make: *** [langtools-build] Error 2
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>
> Does /tmp/root/jdk-outputdir/langtools/build/ant-diagnostics.log  say
> anything useful?
>
> My install did not get as far as yours, Frank.  My own build got as
> far as the sanity check:
> ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point \n       to a
> valid JDK for bootstrapping this build. \n       A JDK 6  build must
> be bootstrapped using  \n       JDK 1.6.0 fcs (or later). \n
> Apparently, your bootstrap JDK is version  \n       Please update your
> ALT_BOOTDIR setting and start your build again. \n
> Exiting because of the above error(s). \n
> make: *** [post-sanity] Error 1
>
> Did you do anything special to your environment to get through the
> sanity check?  I am on Tiger 10.4.

Frank J. R. Hanstick
trog24 at comcast.net