Error installing rdiff-backup

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 19 19:15:24 PDT 2009

On Aug 19, 2009, at 20:59, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> This is not true anymore.
>>>
>>> We've updated the perl ports to search for modules we install
>>> before the perl core modules, so any ports that still require
>>> forced activation are no longer doing the right thing and need to
>>> be fixed.
>>
>> Oh, ok. I see two ports that still have the message:
>>
>> p5-test-harness
>>
>> p5-podlators
>>
>> There are comments in those portfiles that seem to say it won't
>> work any other way? Is that still current information?
>
> It was correct before the perl5 ports were modified to use the
> current search order.
>
> These ports should be modified to just use the perl5 portgroup and
> install in the vendor location (which gets searched before the perl-
> core location now).

But these ports want to install binaries into ${prefix}/bin, not just
perl modules.

p5-test-harness wants to install prove:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /mp/bin/
prove is being used by the active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate
this port first, or use 'port -f activate p5-test-harness' to force
the activation.

p5-podlators wants to install pod2man and pod2text:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /mp/bin/
pod2man is being used by the active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate
this port first, or use 'port -f activate p5-podlators' to force the
activation.

How do we accommodate this?