Error installing rdiff-backup

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Aug 20 06:23:57 PDT 2009

On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> But these ports want to install binaries into ${prefix}/bin, not
> just perl modules.
>
> p5-test-harness wants to install prove:
>
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /mp/bin/
> prove is being used by the active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate
> this port first, or use 'port -f activate p5-test-harness' to force
> the activation.
>
> p5-podlators wants to install pod2man and pod2text:
>
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /mp/bin/
> pod2man is being used by the active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate
> this port first, or use 'port -f activate p5-podlators' to force the
> activation.
>
> How do we accommodate this?

Oh, interesting.

Are the things they are installing significantly different than the
ones that shipped with perl5? I would suspect that they don't change
very much (but that the perl modules that get installed have most of
the changes). It might be OK to just remove those files in post-
destroot so they don't get installed.

I haven't taken a look at them to see if this is actually the case or
not, though.

Otherwise they should probably be renamed before installing them (like
how we handle other conflicts of this sort).
--
Daniel J. Luke