Error installing rdiff-backup

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 20 07:20:53 PDT 2009

On Aug 20, 2009, at 08:23, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> But these ports want to install binaries into ${prefix}/bin, not
>> just perl modules.
>>
>> p5-test-harness wants to install prove:

>> p5-podlators wants to install pod2man and pod2text:

>> How do we accommodate this?
>

> Are the things they are installing significantly different than the
> ones that shipped with perl5? I would suspect that they don't
> change very much (but that the perl modules that get installed have
> most of the changes). It might be OK to just remove those files in
> post-destroot so they don't get installed.
>
> I haven't taken a look at them to see if this is actually the case
> or not, though.

Let me see...

"prove" from p5-test-harness is nothing like "prove" from perl5.8.
They have virtually no lines in common.

"pod2man" and "pod2text" from perl5.8 are copyright 1999, 2000, 2001
while the versions in p5-podlators are newer with additional
copyright years 2004, 2006, 2008. The embedded pod documentation has
been updated, and the new versions have a few extra options,
including UTF-8 support.