php5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 26 02:51:53 PDT 2009

On Aug 23, 2009, at 20:42, Scott Haneda wrote:

> Thanks.  I think I may be more confused now than I was before :)
> but I will roll with it.  I have a working php and mysql and
> apache2 install, so that works.

Forget what I told you before about php5-mysql not working. I finally
completed round 2 of refactoring a few minutes ago. See #19091 for
details but the database module ports (like php5-mysql) now work and
the corresponding variants have been removed from php5.

> I tend to want things to be as clean and simple as I can get them
> to make sure I can use this in production.
>
> If I was starting with a clean macports install, and I wanted
> apache2, mysql5 server, and php with mcrypt, gd, imap, and maybe
> sqlite, what would you recommend as the new install commands?  I
> use curl a lot, do I need to factor that in?

At this point, simply install the php5 module ports for the features
you want. You should also upgrade php5 to 5.3.0_2. There are still a
few remaining variants in the php5 port for modules which are not yet
available in separate ports.

> I would probaably go:
> sudo port install apache2
> sudo port php5-imap
> sudo port php5-mysql +mysql5 (but I need server, or roll my own
> launchd?)

If you need a mysql5 server, install the port mysql5-server. :)

The default +mysqlnd variant of the php5-mysql port now works, and I
recommend you try it. It's not for everyone, but it should be fine
for most people and is nice because it does not have a dependency on
a mysql port.