php5

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sun Aug 23 18:42:45 PDT 2009

Thanks.  I think I may be more confused now than I was before :) but I
will roll with it.  I have a working php and mysql and apache2
install, so that works.

I tend to want things to be as clean and simple as I can get them to
make sure I can use this in production.

If I was starting with a clean macports install, and I wanted apache2,
mysql5 server, and php with mcrypt, gd, imap, and maybe sqlite, what
would you recommend as the new install commands?  I use curl a lot, do
I need to factor that in?

I would probaably go:
sudo port install apache2
sudo port php5-imap
sudo port php5-mysql +mysql5 (but I need server, or roll my own
launchd?)
sudo port install php5-curl

Suggestions?

Sounds like you are doing this in a way that it will be painless to
clean it all up when you get the work all done, so I am not too worried.

Thanks for all your work on this, it looks like a much better method
in the long run.  I do not envy you for app the php5-'s you have to
make.  Then again, one perl module can easily take me down that road
in a heartbeat, so I somewhat feel your pain.