error compiling Octave

Lenore Horner lenorehorner at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 26 05:01:16 PDT 2009

There's a bug report on this, but nothing's happening on it, so I
thought I'd ask the list.

This is the error - before this a lot of things scroll by going fine.

lo-specfun.cc: In function 'Complex xlgamma(const Complex&)':
lo-specfun.cc:327: error: 'lgamma_r' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [lo-specfun.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [liboctave] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I contacted the octave people because this looked like they had a
messed up code, but they say it must be the port because some people
are successful compiling on Mac (including the guy who responded to
me).  I haven't a clue how the port file could be messed up to cause
the compiler to think a variable hadn't been declared.

I've gotten the same error with Xcode 3.1.2 and Xcode 3.1.3.  Maybe
it's a ppc vs intel thing.

Anyone have any clues?

Lenore