MySQL5 and php5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 29 04:27:29 PDT 2009

On Aug 29, 2009, at 05:59, Mark Hattam wrote:

> That'll require a re-install of MacPorts and rebuild of things
> anyway ... and DSPAM is going to be a problem as the sourcecode no
> longer exists for 3.80

The 3.8.0 source may no longer be on the developer's web page, but it
is still on our distfiles mirror, from which MacPorts should have no
problem fetching it.

> Meanwhile, I can always look at phpinfo() output for my current set-
> up, then with SnowLeopard install php5 with MySQL server and then
> work my way down the new phpinfo() output, and add back in what's
> missing. I have little idea which particular modules are used by
> which of my php scripts. I didn't notice mcrypt was required until I
> ran phpMyAdmin for instance. Few prepared scripts list their module
> requirements as they usually assume a fairly standard set of
> installed modules. I can see why it's useful to split them out, but
> it does make it a little harder work to install a standard set from
> scratch.

Note that most of the previously always-on features I removed from the
php5 port are not a part of a standard php install. mcrypt and gd are
optional features, according to the developers of php. Now MacPorts
better matches that.