Installing Duplicity does not put any file in opt/local/bin

Toby Curl tc at pi3.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 16:37:55 PDT 2009

I have just updated macports to 1.8.0 on Leopard 10.5.8 and updated
Duplicity to the latest version @0.5.18_0+python26, however typing
duplicity into terminal gives me a "command not found" message. I have
checked my PATH settings and running other macports works fine. There is
no duplicity file in opt/local/bin.

I have made a symlink to
"/opt/local/var/macports/software/duplicity/0.5.18_0+python26/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/duplicity"
and put it in opt/local/bin which has worked.

Is this likely just an issue on my system or an actual bug?

Thanks