Installing Duplicity does not put any file in opt/local/bin

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Aug 30 16:07:09 PDT 2009

On 2009-08-30 01:37 , Toby Curl wrote:
> I have just updated macports to 1.8.0 on Leopard 10.5.8 and updated
> Duplicity to the latest version @0.5.18_0+python26, however typing
> duplicity into terminal gives me a "command not found" message. I have
> checked my PATH settings and running other macports works fine. There is
> no duplicity file in opt/local/bin.
>
> I have made a symlink to
> "/opt/local/var/macports/software/duplicity/0.5.18_0+python26/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/duplicity"
> and put it in opt/local/bin which has worked.
>
> Is this likely just an issue on my system or an actual bug?

This should be considered a bug and comes from the way python26 is
installed as a framework. We had the very same problems with mercurial
in the past.

David, this port needs something like this:

variant python26 ... {
    post-destroot {
        ln -s ${python.prefix}/bin/duplicity ${destroot}${prefix}/bin/
    }
}

Rainer