violation warnings

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 2 14:03:20 PST 2009

Hello,
	Running:

		sudo port install gnustep

I ran into the following violation warnings:

Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
Warning: gnustep-gui violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!

Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
Warning: gnustep-back violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!

Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
Warning: gnustep-core violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!

Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
Warning: ArtResources violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!

Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
Warning: GMastermind violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!

Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
Warning: GMines violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!

Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
Warning: Performance violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!

Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
Warning: SQLClient violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!

I also encountered the following error for Python 2.6:

--->  Activating python26 @2.6.4_0+darwin
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /
Applications/MacPorts/Python 2.6/Build Applet.app/Contents/Info.plist
already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to
activate port python26.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: GNUMail Etoile
poppler gtk2 atk gtk-doc gnome-doc-utils py26-libxml2 python26 rarian
getopt intltool gnome-common p5-getopt-long p5-pathtools p5-scalar-
list-utils cairo libpixman jasper pango shared-mime-info xorg-
libXcomposite xorg-compositeproto xorg-libXdamage xorg-damageproto
openjpeg poppler-data Pantomime PRICE TalkSoup netclasses Yap.app
ImageMagick p7zip a2ps psutils gworkspace system-preferences
PreferencePanes windowmaker giflib xpm

This latter was the result of Python 2.6 somehow getting into /
Applications/MacPorts without belonging to a registered port.  Running:

		sudo port uninstall python26

successfully removed python26; but, that did not fix the problem.  I
had to manually delete Python 2.6 from /Applications/MacPorts before I
could continue.

Frank J. R. Hanstick
trog24 at comcast.net