violation warnings

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 2 14:19:14 PST 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 16:03, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> Warning: violation by /opt/local/GNUstep
> Warning: gnustep-gui violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
> Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended), it will be an error in future releases!

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16383

We could easily make the change I suggested in that ticket -- to indicate that the mtree violation is intentional -- but I don't know anything about the gnustep ports so I don't know if that's the best solution, or if there might be another solution that could fix the mtree violation instead.

> --->  Activating python26 @2.6.4_0+darwin
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Applications/MacPorts/Python 2.6/Build Applet.app/Contents/Info.plist already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port python26.
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: GNUMail Etoile poppler gtk2 atk gtk-doc gnome-doc-utils py26-libxml2 python26 rarian getopt intltool gnome-common p5-getopt-long p5-pathtools p5-scalar-list-utils cairo libpixman jasper pango shared-mime-info xorg-libXcomposite xorg-compositeproto xorg-libXdamage xorg-damageproto openjpeg poppler-data Pantomime PRICE TalkSoup netclasses Yap.app ImageMagick p7zip a2ps psutils gworkspace system-preferences PreferencePanes windowmaker giflib xpm
>
> This latter was the result of Python 2.6 somehow getting into /Applications/MacPorts without belonging to a registered port.  Running:
>
> 		sudo port uninstall python26
>
> successfully removed python26; but, that did not fix the problem.  I had to manually delete Python 2.6 from /Applications/MacPorts before I could continue.

That makes sense.