Dependency problem while install p5-gd

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 4 15:39:33 PST 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 20:14, Woody Lin wrote:

> I just bought a Macbook pro 13" (Mac OS 10.6), and trying to install GD module for Perl.
>
> However, while using Macports to install p5-gd, I came upon the following error messages:
>

> dhcp-23006:~ woodydon$ sudo port install p5-gd
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for p5-gd
> --->  Building p5-locale-gettext
[snip]
> gettext.xs:5:21: error: libintl.h: No such file or directory

[snip]

The only error actually shown in your output was that libintl.h could not be found. (Everything else was warnings.) It should be there, in /opt/local/include. Is it? If not, rebuild the gettext port.

I don't think we're seeing the first error here. Can you clean and try again with the debug switch and show us all the output?

sudo port clean p5-locale-gettext
sudo port -d install p5-locale-gettext

> Perl Version:
> This is perl, v5.10.0 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level
> (with 2 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

I'm not sure how well tested the perl5.10 port is. Have you tried using the perl5.8 port instead? Though we would like Perl 5.10 to become the default in MacPorts, 5.8 still is at this time. There is a ticket in the issue tracker about this.