back to a prior version

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 4 23:20:31 PST 2009

On Dec 5, 2009, at 00:57, Wolf Drechsel wrote:

> could someone please advice me how I can get to an older version of a port. I need pango 1.24.5 instead of 1.26.0.
>
> So I did
>
> dsl01:~ bub$ sudo port deactivate  pango @1.26.0_0+macosx
> --->  Deactivating pango @1.26.0_0+macosx
> dsl01:~ bub$ sudo port install  pango @1.24.5_0+macosx
> Warning: Implicit variants should not be explicitly set or unset. macosx will be ignored.
> --->  Computing dependencies for pango
> --->  Activating pango @1.26.0_0+macosx
> --->  Cleaning pango
>
> … but do not get the older version.

"sudo port install" does not accept a version number. It can only install the "current" version of a port.

> How can I manage that?

In general:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

But specifically for pango, I downgraded the pango port to 1.24.5 on September 30 because 1.26.0 has problems. So you just need to "sudo port selfupdate" to get the latest ports, then "sudo port upgrade pango" to "upgrade" to 1.24.5.